8th Global Service-Learning Institute
June 29 @ 8:00 am - June 30 @ 5:00 pm$150
Advancing Community Driven Global Service-Learning
Please join us for our 8th Global Service-Learning Institute! The Global Service-Learning Institute (GSLI) will build upon established institute strengths in global service-learning pedagogy and program development, while also integrating more explicit attention to best practices in community-driven global service-learning. Previous institutes have highlighted encouragement of institutional teams and the opportunity to workshop global service-learning coursework and programs during the institute, along with deep collaboration, dialogue with, and learning from like-minded peers. Given the success previous institutes, we will continue to provide participants with the opportunity to further develop their global service-learning programs – whether they are novice or advanced – in centrally located Syracuse, New York.
NOTE: The Institute is uniquely designed to be collaborative, open, and participatory. Past attendees have found the format and design offers opportunities for in-depth conversation, quality feedback, and network-building. In addition, we welcome questions, suggestions and comments throughout scheduled programming.
Who Should Attend?
- Faculty, professional staff and administrators currently working on International Affairs that have an interest in service-learning
- Faculty, professional staff and administrators currently using service-learning pedagogy that have an interest in the global/international contexts of their domestic programs
- Teams and individuals currently working on the SUNY Applied Learning Initiative interested in the intersection of service-learning and international education.
- Community-driven GSL
- GSL course and program design
- Learning outcomes, reflection and assessment
- Community-Campus Partnership Models
- Safety and risk management